Wednesday, April 22, 2009
4AM
It is 4AM and one of my best friends, Jamie, just left after four hours of catching up while devouring my new favorite Ministop Fried Chicken (which if not for my condo-dwelling, would have remained sadly undiscovered by my tastebuds). I am caught between a theoretical need to sleep and a practical reality that if I sleep now, I might not wake up in time for my 10:30AM meeting. I am giving myself a mental spanking, remembering my reason for not going to Gweilo's for Tony's nth birthday celebration tonight: because I seriously lack sleep and I'd like to go home early. Unfortunately, what I failed to remember was that going home early these days doth not necessarily mean sleeping early (nor does it mean being without company). And so, I am again on the brink of eyebags-infestation, and in the midst of daring self to go sleepless to work tomorrow. Or uhm... in a few hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment